Everyone was saddened to hear about the passing of Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple. To think about all of the innovations that he pioneered is amazing:
1. Introduced the mouse and user interface on the monitor.
2. Brought the world the iPod
3. The iPhone (don’t think much needs to be said)
4. The iPad (changed tablets forever)
More importantly than the products themselves, is the out of the box thinking it took for him to bring these products to fruition.
We can learn these lessons from Steve Jobs:
1. Lack of fear – he had no fear for failure. If he failed, he moved on and tried again.
2. Believing in the impossible – think about trying to sell people that they need to have music everywhere they go. And yet, we all know people who have some form of iPod
3. Inspiring others to believe in the impossible – They say that he was very demanding. But those who stayed with him believed in the same crazy vision that he did. And through their faith in him, the world has benefited.
Thank you Mr. Jobs for your inspiration. And like any true leader, your legacy will live on.
Kontinue to Konker.
Chadwick Taylor is CEO of KONKERER Leadership
He helps clients develop leaders with a servant mentality through individual development and workshops