Today is the day we honor a great man – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. In my studies of different leadership styles and different leaders, I am comfortable in saying that there was never a greater leader than him. When you breakdown his life, you quick realize:
1. He developed relationships with everyone – friend or foe
2. He inspired others.
4. He was unwavered in his belief
5. His love and passion for his committment were unmatched.
6. He loved people.
7. He commanded an audience just by his presence in a room.
8. He kept his cool under pressure (the ultimate leadership trait)
9. Ignored the naysayers and realized he could not please everyone.
10. The most important trait – His legacy and teachings live on and continue to inspired 30 years after his death.
If you have never watched or listened to, click on the link. It is one of the best (if not the best) oratorical summation ever given.
But as we celebrate his life, let us remember that he lives in all of us. His principles, his life, his direction is in all of us. All 10 items listed above are in all of us. Let’s continue to live our lives and remember that “The KING lives in all of us!
Kontinue to Konker.
Chadwick Taylor is Author of KONKERER Leadership
He helps develop leaders with a servant mentality through individual development