About the Post

Author Information

Gifted and Dynamic Public Speaker, with a gift of Servant Leadership. Engineer by degree, Leader by Destiny. My goal is to make people better so that they lead a successful life and career.

January 5th, 2012 – My Testimony

Kappa Alpha Psi

Image via Wikipedia

One year ago today, my fraternity (Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc) celebrated our 100 year anniversary.  Several events were planned and I had intentions of being a part of them.  I had a doctor’s appointment that day to figure out why I had a persistent cough and lack of energy.  In my mind, this was a 1-2 hour appointment.  Unfortunately, I was admitted, then transported to the Main Hospital as a Congestive Heart Failure Patient.  I did not have a family nor personal history of heart failure, therefore the Doctor’s believe I attracted an Upper Respiratory Infection.

Today, I am a full bill of health.  My heart is as strong as before, my energy level is normal, and I am back to playing sports.  This reality check forced me to change my perspective on life:

Lessons:

1.  Enjoy Life:  Don’t let life pass you by to the point in which you are not having fun.

2.  Do something that you enjoy doing:  It can be cooking, traveling, reading, playing sports, etc.  Just do something that brings you pleasure every day.  For me, its sports and any means that I can help another person (including writing this blog.)

3.  Don’t wait for tomorrow what you can DO today (Don’t wait for tomorrow for what you can SAY today):  I had every intention of leaving that doctor’s office that day, but I stayed in the hospital for a total of 5 days.  Don’t take for granted that you have one more day to tell someone you appreciate them, you love them, you respect them.

As I celebrate 101 years of my Fraternity today, I also celebrate my renewed sense of life.

Kontinue to Live.  Kontinue to Inspire. Kontinue to Konker.

Chadwick Taylor is Author of KONKERER Leadership

He helps  develop leaders with a servant mentality through individual development

Email | Website | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter |

Tags: , , , , , ,

9 Comments on “January 5th, 2012 – My Testimony”

1. William Darden January 5, 2012 at 8:27 AM #

Congrats Chad glad your doing better and continue to take care of yourself.. Your words are encouraging every day keep them coming man.

Will D

• Chadwick Taylor January 5, 2012 at 2:51 PM #

Thanks my brother. Keep inspiring people with your powerful prayers and words of encouragement.

2. SusanneSusanne January 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM #

So-o-o well said Chad! Having come through some pretty major (and surprising) medical crises myself I can wholeheartedly agree with your last comments: “Don’t wait for tomorrow what you can DO today. Don’t wait for tomorrow for what you can SAY today. Don’t take for granted that you have one more day to tell someone you appreciate them, you love them, you respect them.” Thank you for sharing your insights … Susanne

• Chadwick Taylor January 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM #

Thank you so much for your comments. Yes, this post was very personally for me and I’m glad you could relate. I have found my greatest lessons have come from those I have learned. Thank you again for sharing!!

3. Michael Hulshof-Schmidt January 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM #

I am glad you are in good health now. Reading your blog, you seem like someone that is trying to make the world a better place–we need more people like you.

• Chadwick Taylor January 15, 2012 at 1:02 PM #

Yes I am (in better health.). I do my best to make at least one person better, so they can influence one person and so on. Thanks for the kind words and comment.

4. Cachet B. Prescott January 20, 2012 at 2:23 PM #

Glad you’re here to share your story and be an inspiration to us all. Sending many blessings your way, and good luck in all your future endeavors.

• Chadwick Taylor January 20, 2012 at 5:28 PM #

Thank you. You are too kind. Thank you for commenting and good luck to you as well.

• Cachet B. Prescott January 20, 2012 at 6:13 PM #

Thanks for following my blog. The one you subscribed to is the one that I rarely post on so you can “unfollow” it if you like and “follow” the Virtual Cachet blog. Thanks!